Nearby attractions to enhance your stay with us!
Beautiful Bribie Island is only a 40 minute drive North of Brisbane - cross the bridge over the Pumicestone Passage and feel the relaxed atmosphere help you unwind. The calm waters of the Passage are home to dugongs, dolphins, migratory birds with pelicans waiting at the fisherman's side for that fish! With the Glasshouse Mountains as a backdrop to glorious sunsets, followed by an evening at one of the many interesting restaurants, you will want to stay forever!
What about a game of golf on the all weather links course, a guided tour of the historical island and surrounds, a game of bowls (two clubs are within easy walking distance) or just relaxing around the solar heated pool with a good book to set the mood for a relaxing or fun evening at the local cafes, restaurants, RSL or bowls clubs.
Things to see and do
- Play the championship links layout of the Bribie Island Golf Club
- If bowls is your game then Bribie Island Bowls Club and Bribie Sports Club is within easy walking distance
- Cycle the network of bike tracks from the serenity of Pumicestone Passage across to the ocean surf beach
- Surf and swim at Woorim, the closest patrolled surf beach from Brisbane
- Hire a boat to fish the waters and estuaries of Pumicestone Passage, hire a game fishing boat and fish in one of the premier game fishing grounds in the world or simply fish off the Bongaree jetty or from any of Bribie's fine beaches
- Take a leisurely walk along bush and beach tracks and observe the flora and fauna or just take in the superb sunrise over Moreton Island or the breathtaking sunsets behind the Glasshouse Mountains
- The waters of Bribie Island suit all types of boating craft with designated water and jet ski areas. Boat safety and rescue is supported by the Volunteer Marine Rescue Squadron Bribie Island
- Take a 4WD tour of the ocean beach side of Bribie Island and enjoy pristine beaches and lagoons. View the WWII gun emplacements (4WD beach permits available from Gateway Bait and Tackle - Bribie Island Road - Ningi)
- Cruise the passage on the Ferryman and enjoy the unspoilt wilderness. View dolphins, dugongs, sea eagles, turtles any many of the 360 bird species
- For the craft and curio hunter most Sundays are market day at Bongaree. A short drive will take you to the Ningi, Caboolture, Mt Mee or to the world renowned Eumundi markets
- Relax, wine and dine, enjoy the entertainment or just play the pokies at any of the island's many fine clubs and hotels. Placid Waters is at the hub of the Bongaree foreshore café and restaurant precinct offering casual dining with a view